Polar FT40 Fitness Watch - Men's
Clear Training Guidance
The Polar FT40 Fitness Watch is for active exercisers who want clear guidance and to monitor their fitness level. The EnergyPointer tells you if the main effect of your training is fitness improvement or fat burning while the Polar Fitness test measures your aerobic fitness at rest and tells you your progress. The FT40 accurately displays calories burned and comes with comfortable textile transmitter and coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk.
Body Measurement Features
· Heart rate – bpm / %: Heart rate is the measurement of the work your heart does. Heart rate can be expressed as the number of beats per minute (bpm) or as a percentage (%) of your maximum heart rate.
· HR-based target zones with visual and audible alarm: You can define your target zones for a training session based on heart rate to help define the right intensity. When you are out of the preset zones, the training computer will give a visual and audible alarm.
· Manual target zone – bpm (upper limit): This feature enables you to define the upper limit for your target zone. You can set the upper limit for your training as beats per minute (bpm).
· Polar EnergyPointer: EnergyPointer is an easy-to-use feature which tells you during a training session if the main effect of your training is fat burning or fitness improvement. EnergyPointer visually indicates the center point between these two training effects, so when you are below that point, you are improving fat burning, and above that point, you are improving your aerobic fitness.
· Polar Fitness Test: Polar Fitness Test measures your aerobic fitness at rest in just five minutes. The result, Polar OwnIndex, evaluates your maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max). With the Polar Fitness Test you can measure your aerobic fitness by yourself, automatically and without any exertion. All you need is your training computer. The Polar Fitness Test is as accurate in predicting the VO2max as any sub maximal fitness test. The test is based on heart rate and heart rate variability at rest and personal information.
· Polar OwnCal® – calorie expenditure with fat percentage: Polar OwnCal calculates the number of calories burned during training. This feature allows you to track the calories burned during one training session and cumulative calories burned during several training sessions. This feature also estimates the fat-burning percentage (fat% on display), that is, calories burned from fat during a workout which is expressed as a percentage of the total calories burned.
· Polar OwnCode® (5kHz) – coded transmission: Coded heart rate transmission automatically locks in a code to transmit your heart rate to the training computer. The training computer picks up your heart rate from your transmitter only. Coding prevents interference from other training computers.
· Training load – available via polarpersonaltrainer.com: This feature is available in Polar software. When you transfer training results from your training computer to polarpersonaltrainer.com, you can follow your training load and recovery in the training diary. Continuous monitoring of training load and recovery will help you recognize personal limits, avoid over- or under training, and adjust training intensity and duration according to your daily and weekly targets
· Average and maximum heart rate of training
· HRmax (user set)
· Compatible with Mac (Intel-based) – opt. with Polar FlowLink:
· Compatible with polarpersonaltrainer.com – opt. with Polar FlowLink
· Totals: Totals includes your training data starting from the last reset enabling you to follow your long-term training.
· Weekly history: Weekly history gathers your weekly training data. By selecting a week, you can review your training data for the week.
· Training files (with summaries) – 50
· Graphical target zone indicator: This feature points out graphically on the display the zone you are in during a training session helping you to stay on the desired intensity zone.
· HeartTouch – button-free operation of wrist unit: When HeartTouch is on, different training information during training can be accessed without pressing buttons, for instance, when gloves make pressing buttons difficult, by bringing your training computer close to your transmitter.
· ZoneLock: ZoneLock feature helps you to accumulate certain intensity. You can either lock a zone before a training session or during it by pressing a button when you are on the desired zone.
· ZonePointer: ZonePointer is a visible and moving symbol on the training computer display indicating whether you are inside the pre-set target zone. This feature helps you to reach the desired intensity/pace/speed/cadence targets.
· KeyLock: By activating KeyLock, training computer buttons are locked, and accidental presses do not cause problems, for instance, during training.
· Date and weekday indicator
· Display text in English, German, Spanish, and Italian
· Dual time zone
· Low battery indicator
· Time of day (12/24h) with alarm and snooze
· User replaceable battery
· Water resistant – 30m
What’s in the Box?
· Polar FT40 training computer
· Polar WearLink®+ transmitter